In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Well, I think my comments were broken, but they are fixed now. I also found my keys, thank goodness. Under a tablecloth that was folded up on the table. I guess if I'd clean and put it on the table, I might have found them ;).

I got to sleep in this morning and now am having a wonderful cup of hazelnut coffee, which I never used to like but for some odd reason, do now. Speaking of cleaning, that is the chore du jour today. This place is truly a disaster and it has to be clean before I go away for the weekend.

Of course, my mom flaked on our Friday night arrangements and so I made arrangements with David's dad to keep them Friday night since David was going to go up there Saturday to visit anyway and get the girls Solstice presents. When my mom called yesterday to wish me a happy birthday, she totally freaked on me about it. I still don't quite get it, but apparently she talked to Mike (David's dad) and he didn't mention that he and I had made plans with the girls and he actually told her he might stay over at her place Friday night. Whatever.

She acted as if there were some big plot against her and then when I said that I had to make arrangements because she wasn't sure if she would be feeling well enough to take care of the girls, she said she had no idea that I wanted her to *babysit* them and that I hadn't cleared that with her. As if she expects me to bring the girls over at noon, and just hang out there until 9 a.m. the following morning. Tom won't even be in the same room with her because she's been so stupid and rude to and about him from day 1.

So then she said that I hadn't told her about any of my plans, which I actually HAD, in detail, and I said that she was forgetting things and she got incredibly pissed that I would entertain the idea that she might be a little forgetful (because of course, she is really 45 and not 68 HAH!) and started swearing at me, so I told her I didn't need that crap on my birthday and I hung up on her ;). So it's on her if she sees the kids this weekend. I really don't care.

I would be just as happy not to see her this weekend, since she's such an ass. So there. Feh.

Anyway, Mrs. Claus called the house to make sure that Santa has our new address right, so that he can put presents in the girls' stockings tonight :). Very cool.

It's raining like crazy here, which is good because all the snow has melted and maybe Thomas will find his keys where he dropped them in the snow at one of his clients' houses. Speaking of clients, we need to get organized and bill for his work this month so we can pay the rent on Jan. 1. I'm going to take over his billing, because he's a bit disorganized about it, but I don't mind, because I will feel like I'm working for our family and I enjoy doing that kind of thing.

oh, I forgot, we told Tom's parents about getting married. We stopped by after the wedding and Tom told his mom that he wanted to show her what he got her for Christmas. She started looking annoyed because he had already bought her a pretty expensive dog door for their new Jack Russell mix, and then he said, I brought you a daughter-in-law! The expression on her face was priceless. She was so happy for him that he was happy and gave me a huge hug and kiss. his dad also got up and gave me a hug and shook Tom's hand. It was so wonderful to be truly welcomed into their family. we are going to announce it to the rest of his family tomorrow at Christmas dinner.

I just can't even encompass how happy I am. All my priorities have changed. Family is the most important thing again and I'm even enjoying my children in a way I haven't in months, because I have a partner who absolutely adores them. Watching them with him fills me with the utmost joy because they are so comfortable with him and he is so loving and careful with them.

He and I had a very long talk about all sorts of things last night, but the most important thing was about having more children, which we both want, because we love each other so much and he loves my children so much, and is such a good step-dad already, that the idea of him with his own child just puts me over the moon. Being pregnant again is something I Never thought I would do, or would even want to, but having his child would be an amazing experience.

I can just picture the rest of our life together. It's so crazy, but I've never been more in love, although I loved and still love David so much. Thomas and I are so right together in every way.

OK, I'll stop being sappy and lovesick ;). I just can't believe that my life has changed so drastically. I guess that is what happens when you stop letting it happen to you and start living it.

After all, life is not a dress rehearsal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home