In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Snow

My kids are driving me right the f*ck out of my mind. I swear, you'd never know that I was away from them for 7 hours yesterday. Of course, being in the car together for 8 hours within 48 hours probably isn't helping. It's snowing like hell here, and we probably have about 9 inches. The kids went out and played for way too short a period of time in it. Of course, there are no hills here, so I don't know where people are supposed to sled.

Tom is working, and I'm lonely and stir crazy. We tried to make tie dyes today but I screwed up the process so they probably won't work. I also let Soren make a stained glass ornament, which went well but Emma got tired of waiting for her turn, and proceeded to get herself a snack of cereal and spill it all over her room. she also painted herself and Soren's hands with liquid bandaid this morning! ACk! The smell was amazing, and I'm still furious with her. Duh!

I had a lovely time in State College this weekend but now I'm homesick. I miss my house, I miss my kitchen (yes, I'm still whining about the kitchen), I miss my friends and I miss knowing how to get everywhere. That's not to say that I'm unhappy here, but while Tom is out on his day off, fixing up some studio space for his best friend, I'm stuck here in the goddamn snow with nobody to talk to except chattering girls and a pissed off cat.

Whine, whine, whine ;). Not to mention, they haven't filled my old position at the newspaper in State College and I miss it desperately. Waaaaah.

I have NO idea what to make for dinner, Tom is still stopping at the grocery store before he comes home, and I have to work every evening this week.

Soren is whining that she's hungry, although she's done nothing but eat for the entire day, her white shirt is soaking in stuff to prepare it for tiedying and I have NO desire to deal with more paint, and I've got a skillion loads of laundry either in process or waiting to be put away.

My living room is still filled with boxes of books, but I *did* get the playroom unpacked. However, I now want to move everything around and don't have time because my children are tired of entertaining themselves, they don't want to do anything I offer to do with them, and they sure as hell don't want to help to rearrange the room.

At least, Erica is giving me a futon for down there, so we'll have space for overnight guests. My bedroom is unpacked and so is the kids' room, but I'm still missing a living room box and some kitchen stuff. I guess I'll have to open some of the boxes of stuff that are marked to see if the stuff is in there that I'm missing. That was an incredibly poorly constructed sentence!

I guess I should stop whinging and get to cooking more food for my ungrateful family. Emma has been in pajamas all day except for her brief foray into the snow. Lazy sod ;).

I'm off to drool over wedding rings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home