In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, November 07, 2003

Well, we're here! It's been a bit good and a bit frustrating. We got settled in amazingly well, although I need to get to the store and buy some food that we're used to eating so I can cook some dinners for us.

Tom hurt his back the day before he moved me and then of course, moving stuff didn't help, so he's been off work all week and is aggravated about the money situation as well as just getting antsy as hell about having to rest. He's NOT a good patient for all his jawing about how patient he is ;).

I think I landed a part time coaching job at Bright Raven gym in the city. We went to look at another gym and I have concerns about the safety of it, so we are going to try this one out for now. Soren acted like she had no idea what she was doing, so she's going to start in a preschool class and Emma will be on preteam until she gets more consistent with some things, which I think will be good for her.

On Monday I'm going to start working for Danielle. I'm going absolutely stircrazy and have to get the girls in school before they drive me batty.

I think we have a townhouse. It's 2 bedrooms but has a finished basement and I can put my washer/dryer in there. there's also a pool and an onsite gym, so I could actually work out again which would be nice. There's also a daycare WOOHOO, not that I'll need it much but it's nice to have the option.

I've been helping out around Danielle's house as much as possible and watched her twins a few times.

We're learning our way around and found a great mall ;). I also went shopping at Target yesterday which was nice. I was very lonely yesterday, because I'm missing familiar things and friends, but I know it will get better. I'm hoping to get away next weekend for a bit maybe down to the cabin on the finger lakes if that works out.

The girls are doing OK. Soren was incredibly clingy and impossible for about 4 days but we had a big confrontation Wednesday night and she's being much more pleasant now thank goodness. Emma is doing OK, but is anxious to get in school and gymnastics and make some friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home