In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Time flies...

When you're all sick! Emma threw up after Thanksgiving dinner - 3 times in one night and then was miserable all the next day. Then Soren threw up once a few days ago and has had diarreah on and off and then 2 days ago, I got really nauseous all of a sudden but it passed. Then yesterday, it came back and I spent the evening trying not to throw up, because Goddess knows, I'd rather do anything than throw up.

I finally succumbed around 11 pm last night, and felt marginally more human but today I've been shaky and miserable with diarreah all day, so much so that I had to call off work :(.

Emma still hates school and complained of stomach pains today. There's not much I can do about it except homeschool, but Soren is adjusting well to school, but if I take Emma out, she will refuse to go, although in some ways I think it would be BETTER to keep her in school.

Oh well. We'll keep hanging in there for a bit. Holiday break is right around the corner. The kids are really homesick and I don't blame them. Even though we would have had to give up our house in State College and probably couldn't afford to keep Emma in her school, at least they'd have familiar things. I'm not really homesick at all, except on their behalf.

My divorce was final on Dec. 4, and I'm getting married on 12/22. Weird thing with 22's and Tom. The weirdest thing is that the Solstice is on the 22nd this year which is why we're getting married then, because that's when we re-met, and the check I wrote for the marriage license was 222. Weird. I'm very excited! We're going to look for rings this week hopefully.

We're just having a civil service and will do a ceremony w/ the kids in the spring.

Anyway, I have to run, because I have to get Soren ready for bed, but I'll try to post more often. I really miss writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home