In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Domestic goddess

I have decided that the key to Tom having marital bliss today is for him to come home from work and say 'gee, honey, the house looks GREAT!' ;).

I showered, put dinner in the crockpot - meatloaf and potatoes, cleaned the kitchen, put all the laundry away, did two more loads, vacuumed the whole house, mopped the laundry room, entryway and kitchen and am now eating lunch. Then I'm going to balance my checkbook, wrap the presents I have purchased, and run to the store to get a present for the gymnastics team party tonight. That should get me home in time to meet the kids after school and then feed them *quickly* and get to the gym to work again. I keep saying that I need a full time job for the money and benefits, but honestly, I don't know how I would keep up with the house if I worked full time.

I don't know *why* that is, since I worked a full time job AND a part time job and single parented less than two months ago, but I just can't stand the idea of going to an office from 9 to 5 every day. If I could get a part-time reporter job, *that* would be the shit ;).

I really need to get my behind down to The City and give them some clips. I did email them my resume, but never heard anything so it's definitely time for a followup visit.

Oh, and :::swoon:::, did I mention that I've been officially introduced to New York pizza? Being from Pennsyltucky, I never realized that New York is *known* for it's pizza, as I've been assured ever since I got here, but apparently it is, and I have to admit that it's really good! They eat it with bleu cheese, which I've never done before, although I'm addicted to Papa John's garlic butter dip, but the bleu cheese thing definitely works. Anyway, if you ever get to Rochester, try Pontillo's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home