In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, December 15, 2003

10 days till xmas...

I got a lot done today. It's a real ordeal to run errands in a new city. I didn't even have to think about where I was going at home, because I'd lived there my whole life and could get to any given place at least two different ways. Here, I have to think and plan out how I'm going to get where I'm going, for the simplest trips and the effort often means that I just stay home instead.

However, it's starting to make sense, and today I decided to take the plunge and hit a couple places I needed to go. I went to the post office and got stamps to send my holiday cards, which I successfully did, even to my friend in Australia who just lost her baby :(. Then, I went to WalMart (which I *never* do, but I wasn't sure where else to get film developed 'round these parts), dropped off film, then went to Galyan's to get gloves for the girls for Christmas, and I found something for Tom too. Then I had to go back to Walmart to get my film, get smoke alarms for Tom for a house he's working on, and I got a couple of pregnancy tests, just in case...

side note here... I've been feeling really spacy at times, like my head is not connected to my body at all. It comes and goes and I thought maybe it was a sinus thing but i don't feel any other symptoms, and then I had that stomach flu and I thought *maybe* I was pregnant, but I don't think I am, but anyway, that was the impetus for the pg tests, which are handy to have around anyway because I'm neurotic when my period is late. ::side note off:::

Then I met Tom for lunch at Don Pablo's, which was super yum dillyicious and then I came home and it was already 2:30 pm and I finished my holiday cards and then looked up some phone numbers that I didn't have time to call.

I've got *so* much to do tomorrow. Turns out there is a gymnastics team party that I have to buy and wrap a present for, I've got to change my car insurance, call domestic relations to notify them of my new job and my impending marriage (god, that makes it sounds like a disease or something ), put about 5 loads of laundry away, wrap gifts, and various and sundry chores around the house.

Oh, and I'm also supposed to go to some kind of coffee with the principal (always remember it's not princiPLE, because the principal is your PAL). Yee Haw.

On Wednesday, we're *finally* going to look for wedding bands at The Source, which is apparently a nice jewelry store here. Yay! I hope we find something we like or we're going to be wearing gum machine rings until we can order something else.

OK, off to finish email and random stuff like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home