In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Computer Time

Thank god I've got my computer back. I still haven't figured out what happened when it crashed and reverted back to a bunch of old files, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I lost quite a bit of journaling which makes me really sad and I also lost my old blog files which I had saved to my hard drive. I guess that cleaning house is not so bad though. There was good and bad there that is good to be rid of, and one reason I started a new blog was that I felt that a dear friend had greatly misunderstood much of what I was writing about.

I am not sure what I'm babbling about, actually. I feel somewhat at loose ends, irritable and edgy, craving a cigarette or a good night on the town, with music and beer and friends. I'm sure it's not completely the kids' fault that I'm grouchy and tearful and sarcastic and downright unfit to be around other people.

I really hope that things work out in two weeks so that I can leave the kids overnight at my mom's house and go to Zeno's and see old friends who are in town visiting for the holidays. I'm desperate for a smoky, crowded bar that has people I know in it. Silliness.

On the up side, it's really great now that it's quiet. I can look forward to canoodling and relaxing and enjoying quiet and candelight. If only I could find my incense...but that's in one of those boxes that I can't find right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home