In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Nesting

Ovulation seems to be bringing on the nesting urge for me. Either that, or the fact that the temperature has gone up over 5F has made my body think it's time for spring cleaning. I spent the day tearing apart Jude's room and reorganizing the furniture and going through all of his outgrown clothes. I have a dearth of 12 mo clothes, which is the size he's quickly growing into. I will have to hit up some of my friends and see if they have anything!

Then I cleaned the bathroom and my bedroom, and made the girls put away their laundry. I need to vacuum their rooms tomorrow and tackle the playroom. I got a whole basket of stuff taken downstairs and put away. Then I at least got the kitchen straightened up. I need to sweep and mop again there and in the entryway. All this snow makes everything so sloppy and muddy. I also got about 4 loads of laundry done and put away. I slung Jude for part of all this, but he took a HUGE 2.5 hour nap today. I kept checking on him to make sure he was alright, because he fell asleep when I laid him on his tummy to play. I left to pee and when I came back he was sound asleep!

Sullivan the puppy is doing well. He is easily redirected from chewing on stuff that he shouldn't have, and housebreaking is going as well as can be expected. Having practiced some EC w/ Jude, it helps with the dog. I've got him going out very frequently, and only had a few accidents today, but yesterday was better. He is funny - if he can find a scrap of blanket hanging off of our bed to sleep on, he'll do that rather than go in his crate, but he whines at night to go out when he has to pee, so that's good news!

Last night we went to MILs for Tom's bday dinner (his bday is tomorrow) and took the puppy, who played darn well with her dog, a Jack Russell mix. He really held his own, despite being smaller and young. He LOVES Jude and tries to steal the sheepskin to sleep on - when I put Jude on it, he snuggles up and slowly pushes Jude off of it ;). Jude doesn't seem to mind. He loves Sully and loves to touch him. I stya right there and supervise, because sometimes S. gets playful and wants to chew on Jude's hands, but always stops right away when i tell him to be gentle. Good dog!

The girls watched Princess Diaries 2 a couple of times and King Arthur, which was rather gory, but Emma loved it. I rented movies on Friday night. Emma was to have friends over, but they both fell through, so she ended up staying overnight with a teammate from the gym. Then she and Soren had a bowling/ late bday party to go to yesterday morning, which was a blast. I stayed since Soren wanted me there and tried to help a bit. Jude fell asleep (who falls asleep at a bowling alley?) in the Moby Wrap and was generally pleasant, as usual :).

So, a good weekend. tom got the apartment cleaned out this weekend, which was part of my purging I think. I knew there was stuff coming from there that needed to have room made for it. I got annoyed with him today for being so putzy. He's been off all week and has spent the whole week doing god knows what. I guess I made him feel guilty because he came home and did the dishes.

Tomorrow, Emma has an interview to be a mother's helper at 9:30 a.m., so I got them to bed super early, which was lovely. It was nice to have some quiet downtime before *I* go to bed for once!

Oh, and Danielle got me bookshelves for my bday and Solstice, so I put those up today and unpacked a few boxes of books. I am finally seeing the the light at the end of the tunnel. I think with 2 more bookshelves, we'll be set. They were super easy to setup. They just fold down and can be stacked, so I'd like to stack one set and then put another shelf someplace else. We can put it in our bedroom if we ever get Soren in her own room again. One reason I did Jude's room today was to see where I can put the twin bed when we move it out of here. It looks like there will be plenty of room if I take the portable playpen down, and especially once there isn't a changing table. It will be a good guest room in the meantime.

Enough blathering. I'm going to try and get Jude to sleep. I'm beat. We stayed up late 2 nights in a row, drinking wine and watching movies. I need some rest, as I have to work tomorrow evening and it'll be a late night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home