In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Thanks for the comments! Yes, the job loss is really a blessing. He is already much more his old self (like I know what that is?? LOL), and has been working on Mike and Danielle's frozen pipe problem, ugh! He volunteered in E's class today at Lilac Children's Garden which they both enjoyed.

THEN, while they were there, I went to the animal shelter and found a lovely puppy. After LCG, we went to meet him and decided to adopt him. We've been looking into adopting a dog for quite a while now. I know it seems crazy with a new baby, but I want them to grow up together and I want a puppy who will grow up with the girls. I have missed my dogs desperately. Once we get past the puppy stuff, which will pretty much coincide with Jude eating everythign and potty training ;), it will be pretty smooth I hope. He's a german shepherd mix, I think with Boxer, very cute, all beige with a black face and adorable little ears. He's all snuggled up in towels, sound asleep by my desk right now. He had a bath when we got home, and has been great about peeing and pooping every time I take him out! What a guy :). We bought a crate and will crate train him. I adore him. He doesn't have a name yet.

We are thinking:
Tuesday (Tom's other two dogs were named Sunday and Friday after the days he got them on)

Hagrid

I have been calling him HWSNBN or Voldemort all night until we pick a name, but that's not really in the running.

Strider (instead of Aragorn)

Frodo

Pippin (Tom has vetoed this, but i like it!)

He's only 8 weeks old, 13 lbs (less than Jude!) and is sweet and smart. He already knows how to sit and is very responsive to "no!" the girls will get to know him soon; they're still a little intimidated by his energy and liking to chew on their hands. I'm teaching them how to deal with it. We will take a 6 week puppy class and then obedience. I want them to go along and learn how to be a part of that.

Anyway, off to bed. I'm beat...long day. I'll try to post a pic of the new baby when I get a chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home