In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, January 17, 2005

weekend antics

It was a busy weekend! Tom was on call Friday night, and the girls had a bday party down the block from the apartment, so that worked out well. they were pretty overstimulated by it. The girls are nice enough who had the party, but a lot wilder than my two, and it was a very loud event apparently.

Saturday, Emma and I went to the gym early, which she complained about bitterly ;), and then we took my MIL out to lunch and shopping at a little shop near our house to get a little box to keep some of Bob's ashes in. I've been at this shop a lot lately, but they never remember me!

Anyway, then we went over to Danielle's, where her kids were recovering from bronchitis. Her dh was in San Diego, running a marathon. she wasn't feeling too kindly about that, with 2 sick kids and a cold coming on herself! But we had a nice afternoon and evening.

Yesterday Emma and I got up very early and trekked off to Utica, NY for the Leatherstocking gymnastics meet. The team did amazing overall - taking first place by 3 whole points! It's interesting though, that they managed to do that with a mediocre meet by our standards. the girls didn't really seem "on." Emma did OK - got penalized on floor for her dance moves. She got an 8.1 on bar (missed her kip), 8.15 on beam, 9.05 on vault (yay!) and 7.85 on floor. The floor score was a bummer, because her elements were excellent. I was surprised at the low score. She cried again because she didn't get a medal, but got over it a bit easier this time. the next meet is even bigger ::sigh:::. I really think it will be good for her to compete this level again next year and get more confidence when she can win some stuff. She's doing very well - very average, but she likes to be wonderful :-/. In my eyes she IS wonderful, no matter what, and as much as I stress about how she's doing, I always give her positive feedback, as do her coaches, but she is harder on herself than we could ever be!

Soren stayed with Tom, and had a nice day from all accounts. I really missed her! So today is back to the grind. It's snowing like crazy. Tom went into work at 4 a.m. to shovel and I miss him already! Didn't see him hardly at all this weekend but he got Danielle's tub working! Now it just needs to be tiled :). Woot!

OK, off to shower and get my day started. I have a lot of stuff to do at work tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home