In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, February 06, 2004

Too much to do!

I woke up feeling annoyed and resentful of everyone in my family today. If I weren't pregnant, I'd swear it was PMS.

Soren was home sick yesterday and still had a fever last night, but it had broken by this morning, so I sent her off to school, which she was extremely unhappy with. Emma was pokey as usual, although for once she beat Soren to getting dressed, which was a minor miracle.

Tom now has Soren's cold, so he spent about a half hour in bed moaning before he dragged himself out of bed. I made him chocolate mint coffee, which he loves, but the smell of it makes me gag ;). It reminds me of Andes mints, which I despise, and before I've eaten anything in the morning is not a good time to be having to deal with it.

The baker's rack that we bought is bent, so Tom wasn't able to put it together, but it's been sitting in the middle of the living room for 2 days with parts strewn all over the floor. I as politely as possible asked him to put it away and take it back to Target this morning, but I swear if I have to work my way around the darn thing one more time, I am going to pick it up and throw it in the back yard.

Did I mention that I'm feeling cranky?

I have to take the girls to PA tomorrow, which is part of what's making me feel overwhelmed. I have a ton of packing to do for Las Vegas, because we're leaving on Tuesday. I have to finish the girls' valentines to take them in to school before we leave. I'm feeling so guilty that we won't be here for valentine's exchange at school because it's such a fund day! The kids need more of those and here I am dragging them across the country instead. Of course, *that* should be fun and educational too, but mom guilt never ends.

So, I have to pack for PA, Vegas, and go to the bank, pay my rent and go to yoga. The last is no hardship, but I've gotten lost both times I've gone so far, so I'm already stressing about it.

I think that part of the reason I'm so cranky is that I talked to MBNA, the company that holds my Mastercard, yesterday and they cut off my credit limit because I was late on a completely unrelated bill. I have been w/ this company for *14* years and never had a late payment, never asked them to reduce their ridiculous 18.5% interest rate and have been a stellar customer. Despite all of my troubles in the last 3 years, I have kept a pristine credit report. I miss *one* farging bill and they cut me off, even though it's not *their* bill that I missed. I was so insulted and furious that I blew up at the 18 year old punk kid on the other end of the phone, told him to f*** off and to cancel my f***ing credit card ;). I felt somewhat vindicated when I hung up. Of course, they didn't cancel it, so I have to call them again today.

In the meantime, I transferred my entire balance to my American Express card at 4.9% interest for as long as it takes to pay it off. Woohoo! So if anyone out there has MBNA, switch! I cannot believe the way they treated me. Oh, and David is late on the same bill, and they haven't cut *his* credit limit off! :::slow burn::: Probably because he makes more money than me...but then again, he doesn't pay his bills on time. Who knows.

My good customer service experience yesterday was with Land's End. I bought Emma a new coat in turquoise and it came yesterday. Emma was *thrilled* because her old coat has been getting too small and I've been too broke to buy her a new one. When we got over to my in-laws, I realized it had a slit in the collar (and I didn't open the box with scissors, I swear, so it wasn't me!). Emma was absolotely devastated. She had herself convinced that they wouldn't have the same color in her size, etc. and was sobbing by the time we got home. I called LE the second we walked in the door and they were SO nice. They are sending a new one out today (same color, woohoo!) and sent me a prepaid postage so I don't have to pay to ship the old one back. Emma was very happy and they told me to personally apologize to her which I thought was very sweet.

In other news, I've been job hunting for something more in my line of work and interest and I got a notice for a narration job yesterday! It sounds really cool actually. I've never done any recording like that, and I won't apply for it, but I never thought of that as a career! Full time with benefits too. Hmph.

:::sigh::: Tom just walked in and asked me if I thought I'd made a mistake by coming here. I guess I have been pretty negative lately. I don't feel like I've made a mistake - I love him dearly and Rochester isn't that much different than anywhere else. But I am homesick. I miss my job, the girls' schools, my house and my friends a lot. And I try to remain upbeat in front of the girls all the time. Sometimes I do just want to go home, but I want to take Tom with me. It's hard to uproot from the only place I've ever known.

Well, I guess I better shower, pack up the sleeping bags, ship them to Vegas and get my rear in gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home