In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, February 01, 2004

Weekend

We took the girls to a Zoo Expo at the Dome Center and Emma made me ride on a camel with her! That will be something to tell the new baby someday ;). Emma thought it was great. The line for the elephant was soooo long and nobody wanted to ride on the camel, so we didn't have to wait at all. I thought it was pretty cool because we could pet its head.

Then Soren rode on the ponies twice, which she loved. I told her she should take horseback riding lessons instead of gymnastics. She looks so natural and she loves horses, although I think a full size horse would intimidate her. I'd love for her to try it sometime though maybe in a year or two.

We didn't end up going ice skating, as I was exhausted on Friday night. I had left my ATM card at Wegman's so we went to pick it up and ended up renting a Spongebob Squarepants video for the girls. I also rented Frida, which Tom and I are going to watch tonight when I get the girls in bed (hopefully soon, as they're bickering yet again). And I swear if Emma says "Geeeez!" to one more thing that I say to her I am going to go out of my mind. Her attitude today has been horrible and now she's fighting with Soren about who is going to sit in the front of the tub while they get a bath and told her she's not going to be Soren's friend anymore! I'm letting Tom deal with it this time ;). They were both impossible at Tom's parents during dinner. Emma nearly had to leave the table because she was so rude to me.

It was Tom's birthday yesterday and it's his dad's bday tomorrow so his mom made her specialty, spaghetti and meatballs, for dinner, along with a crazy cake. His brother got him a really nice flannel shirt that is quilted on the sleeves and lined with fleece, which I've never seen before. Last night we went to the King and I, which is a Thai restaurant. I had wonderful red curry chicken, but unfortunately, my body didn't agree that it was so wonderful :-/. Afterwards, we used our free movie passes from when we saw ROTK to see Big Fish . I really enjoyed it.

In other news, I scored this table by the dumpster today, which matches the coat rack Emma already has. It is a bit scratched on top, but with books on it, who will notice? It costs $30 new, so I'm not going to complain and the kids are thrilled about it. Emma thought it was great to dumpter dive right outside our front door ;).

Tomorrow I *have* to vacuum. My vacuum cleaner died, which I may have mentioned, so I have to use the shop vac, but I can't stand the mess in here for one more minute. And I really want to know why my dining room table always looks like a bomb went off on it?

Anyway, I have to go stop the kids from drowning each other in the tub!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home