In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, January 30, 2004

Making friends

I forgot that I went to my third LLL meeting on Tuesday morning. I've been trying different ones around the city to find my niche. Well, this was it! I knew *5* people there! Wow, what a good feeling. All people from the homebirth circle or yoga, so I called Alice and told her she should check it out next month. She is hesitant, because she knows so much about breastfeeding already, having been a doula for so long, but I told her it's about social time! Especially as a new first time mom, I think she'll enjoy the opportunity to hang out with other moms and babies in a child friendly atmosphere where nobody cares if you show up late ;).

I have yoga today and the girls have off from school for inservice, so my boss's daughter is coming to babysit. Hopefully that will go well. Tom just called and said there is skating tonight for 4 for $18 at the ESL Sports Center, so even though he's not feeling up to it, maybe we'll go and take the kids. It sounds like fun! I wish he were feeling better. He's still tired. He did get up and get Soren breakfast though, so I could lounge in bed for a few. I have a feeling he wished our positions were reversed though ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home