In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, January 08, 2004

OK, it's still freezing and still snowing ;). Yuck.

The good news is that one of Tom's clients wives is a midwife and is pregnant and is the key to my homebirth connection :). I am so excited and can't wait to talk to her. I'm a little worried about the hemorraghing that I had with Soren's birth. I definitely don't want a repeat. Hopefully I can increase my iron intake early on this time and not be so darn anemic.

Tom and I have been reading Sheila Kitzinger's Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth which is cool. I've forgotten so much stuff. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since I did this. Almost like the first time, but not quite.

We haven't been able to come up with ANY names that we are crazy about (I know, we have plenty of time, but it's fun to think about!), so suggestions are welcome. Boys names are the hardest. We don't want anything that's in the top 20 - they all seem pretty boring to me and many of them are bible names for some reason. Creativity gets points!

I told my boss today that I was pregnant. He didn't congratulate me ;). Well, too bad. I'm allowed to do things with my life, and if things go well, I can keep working just as much and bring the baby with me lots of the time. Which is really the only acceptable option.

I also gave away all my Motherease diapers, and I don't know if I can afford to replace them, but I *loved* them. Does anyone have any ideas for alternatives that are good, or have cloth dipes and wraps that they are done using? They don't have to be Motherease - I've used all sorts of things with Emma and Soren.

Also, I can't find my sling. Must Find Sling. I am sure I've seen it recently but I haven't used it in ages. I wonder where it is?

So many things to think of :::sigh:::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home