In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, December 29, 2003

It's Monday! It feels like Monday too, except that I don't have to work today. Things are crawling. We're supposed to go to Danielle's for a playdate with the twins and two other girls, but my kids refuse to get dressed and ready to go. I still feel like the house is trashed, but I'm sick of dealing with it. I guess I could take the tree down, but I don't feel like dealing with that either ;).

My scanner totally died and I can't get the one I borrowed to work because I don't have my Windows 2000 disk :(. I got GREAT pictures from our Ithaca trip though. Maybe I can scan them at Danielle's and send them to myself. Ugh.

The weekend was lovely. The weather was fantastic, and we got to hike at Shingletown Gap . Tom put a lot of the siding up on my house and Keith helped me drag down all the old computer equipment and toys that were in the loft in the studio, so I can get rid of them finally.

We went out to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse, which was super yummy. I had a burger with bacon, sauteed mushrooms and onions, tomatoes and bleu cheese dressing. :::swoon::: even though I don't usually like red meat that much. We camped out in the empty house, which was a little weird (and COLD) but it was fun too.

My mom left a message on my cell phone when we were en route to PA on Friday, and she acted like nothing had happened. I just couldn't figure out how to respond, so I didn't. Never heard from her again.

The girls had a good visit with their dad and his family. Soren got a karaoke machine and a fairy cat, and Emma got a mini skateboard and a globe thingy - I can't remember what it's called, but if you put your hand on it, it looks like lightening is attracted to you. I can't believe I can't remember the name of it!

They opened an EMS in downtown State College, and I got a long underwear shirt that is so soft and warm, it has instantly become my new fave, and I got Tom a wool sweater for his birthday (which isn't until Jan. 31) that was on sale. It's beautiful, with a rollneck, and brings out the blue in his eyes :).

All in all it was a great trip,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home