In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Just got back from the property. We walked a perimeter of land that Lou is considering selling and that we want to buy, with Danielle and Mike helping out if necessary. It is just amazing.

The time with Lou went really well I think. He and Tom were busy winterizing Tom's motor home all day today, so I hung out with the kids, Bernie (Lou's sister) and Michelle B., a friend of Lou's who lives in Niagara Falls. Michelle & Bernie took a nap this afternoon and the kids and I played games, read, and hung out. We went for quite a long walk in the morning, which wiped the kids out, but they didn't sleep until we were in the car around 5:30 p.m.

It was very relaxing and good to put my new warm clothes on and see how well they worked out. They worked out great. My new boots, with two pairs of socks - one wool, one fleece - kept my feet toasty warm. I really need to get a decent pair of long underwear for my legs though. We tromped through all kinds of mud and muck and water and Soren and I stayed quite dry and cozy in our waterproof boots, mine LaCrosse and hers Lands End.

I kind of figured out the woodstove, although it took Tom fixing it to get it good and cozy in the cabin and that's when everyone else fell asleep ;). The girls started to drive me nuts with their bickering. They are so bad about it right now. they just keep egging each other on and even though I try to get them to work it out, they keep at each other until I want to kill both of them.

Soren does this horrific repetition thing - whether she's saying something she wants or singing, she repeats it about 60 times until Emma and I are about ready to freak - and nothing stops her. I don't know what to do.

Tomorrow we're back to school and work. After being at the cabin for the weekend, I just want to go back to the woods, homeschool and write. The *last* thing I want to do is be back in the city :::sigh:::. Oh well. My job isn't horrible, just tedious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home