In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, January 02, 2004

New Years came and went. We had Mike, Danielle and the twins over for the night, and drank so much wine that I fell asleep at about 11:40 p.m. and don't remember anything after that ;). I made those little hot dog things in the crockpot, had melted brie, 4 different kinds of crackers, a ton of leftover xmas cookies, salsa and blue cornchips and small pita bread with roasted red pepper hummus. Did I mention wine? And Ommegang beer, yummy! It all went rather well I think.

I made the traditional Pennsylvania Dutch New Year's pork and sauerkraut, but I found out that my oven doesn't heat evenly and half the roast was very pink, although it had been cooked for over 3 hours. Everyone (I took it to Tom's parents, and his brother, his girlfriend, and Tom's mom's best friend were there) was very gracious though. We made spaetzle out of a box, which I didn't even know existed, and it was quite yummy. Mrs. Hall Sr. made a vegetable casserole too.

The kids were well behaved even! I worked for about 4 hours at home yesterday, trying to get ready for the first session of the new year at the gym. I'm still not done :::sigh::::. We're going to the property near Keuka Lake tomorrow and I can't wait! I haven't officially really met Lou (Tom's best friend) yet, and I'm rather nervous about making a good impression. He just moved back from a short sting in Vegas, and I think it rather dubious about me. I hope it goes well! His sister Bernie, who I absolutely think is one of the coolest people on earth, will be there too, and the girls adore her too, so that will be wonderful.

Lou is thinking about selling part of his property and we may work something out to purchase it so we can build a house there. God, I would live at Lou's property until then with the girls if he would only hook up the water ;).

Anyway, I'm making roasted and stuffed cornish hens for the first time ever, along with a salad. Say a little prayer that they turn out OK. I don't want Tom to think I can't cook anything, after the pork roast debacle. After that, I have to get back to work, which sucks, because I just got a new Games magazine and I want to sit down and do puzzles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home