In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, April 08, 2005

tgif

Random musings...

The girls are going with David tonight after ballet and gymnastics. I realized the other day that when we played hooky from the gym last week we totally forgot to take Soren to ballet! She didn't seem too choked up about it.

I had to street park the Suburban yesterday and I guess I got the tail of it partially into our neighbor's driveway. They left a note saying that we do this all the time and to not do it again. Hah! I *never* park the damn truck and I know that Tom would never make the mistake that I did. He's a professional truck driver! They must be thinking of someone else. I don't think our neighbors like us all that much for some reason :( I'm trying to decide whether I should go over and apologize or not.

I just found out that there is a sex offender who sexually abused an 8 yo living about 3 blocks from us. Ick! Like things aren't bad enough down the next block! I know there's all sorts of views about people and maybe he paid his dues, but still, ick.

It's a beautiful day here, but already after 10am and I don't know how to spend the day before 3:30. I wish Tom wasn't working today so we could take the kids for a hike. I might call David and ask him if he wants to go to the zoo with us. But then I can't take the dog along, and he needs some exercise! I almost killed him last night. He went outside and jumpmed up to the clothesline and pulled my clean bathmat into the mud. Then he pulled on my duvet which is huge and took me forever to get around to wash it, and put muddy pawprints all over it! ARGH! So I guess that's one project today. Rewashing that stuff. I really need to buy a second bathmat for when one is in the wash. I hate using a towel on the floor because it slides all over the place.

Speaking of baths, Jude loves them now that he can sit up in the bathring! He splashes and yells and never wants to get out. He needs a lot of baths lately, because he insists on getting his food all over his body and in his hair every day. Sometimes I take him in the shower with me and he loves that too.

Soren is drawing a really cool spiral picture right now. She wants to submit it to the local homeschool kids newsletter. I'd like to get Emma to write a story.

Speaking of Emma, I stole the book she was reading, and she's peeved about it ;). She's reading more advanced books and I like to know what she's reading, so I started this one and got sucked into it. It's pretty good!

We went to the library the other day and they got a lot of good books. However, when I walked out there was a young man smoking a joint right in front of the library!. I guess I shouldn't be so shocked about these things, but geez, if you're going to smoke pot, do it in your own living room for god's sake.

Jude is trying to help me type and is poopy so I must go. And Soren needs me to pour her cereal. And I need a shower. Ahhh, mornings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home