In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Coffee

I need more of it. Literally. I need to drink more, right now. And I need to go to the co-op and buy more, because we're almost out of it. Which is totally unacceptable.

For some reason, this springing forward thing has really screwed me up, pretty much for the first time ever. Losing/gaining an hour hasn't every bothered me. I just adjust and move on. Not so this spring. It's only been 2 days, but I'm still out of sorts and so are all the kids and even the dog. The dog is actually trying to get up *earlier* rather than later to be let out.

Do you ever see something spelled wrong so many times on the internet that you go to type it and you just don't know what is correct anymore? I just did that and gave up and put in another word, a la Porky Pig.

Jo, I can't go to the dentist, because we don't have any dental coverage. I just can't afford it right now. As long as it's not hurting me, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Jude has a little cold. His poor little snozzle is snotty and his eyes are goopy. He's in pretty good spirits regardless, but it was hard to nurse at 2 a.m. He has also decided that he will not tolerate having his nose or face wiped, and the evil nose sucker has become an instrument of Satan. So he's not really very pleased with me right now.

I was going to pop him in the shower with me this morning, because he has teething biscuit residue all over his entire head and in his hair, but he just fell asleep nursing, back at his normal morning nap time, so I'm loathe to wake him up for the steam benefits of being in the shower with me. Sleep is probably more healing than steam at this point.

The girls have waldorf today. We start homeschool camp for 8 weeks tomorrow - archery, ropes course and camping classes, and Soren's taking a class on periods in history. Then we start rock climinb next week, so Wednesdays will be one big blur but the kids said they prefer to get it all out of the way at once since spring is coming. That way they'll have more time to be outdoors. I feel like we've lost the flow of any book work we were doing, so I'm going to scratch it for awhile and see what happens. Must go update the homeschool blog too.

OK, off to do that and then shower. Emma has to be at class early today for their final dress rehearsal for their play of St. Francis next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home