In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend antics

We survived the weekend. Most especially, we survived the sleepover ;). It ended up being a lot of fun. We had one girl who has a gluten-free diet, so I made a homemade pizza w/ gluten free dough, and partially df for Soren. Then I made a bunch of popcorn and passed out gf carob cookies and they watched A Wrinkle In Time.

They got all their sleeping bags together themselves and hung out talking till about 11:30pm when they finally fell asleep. It was Emma and 4 of her friends, and then Soren and one of the little sisters up in her room. I made a huge bkfast of gf raspberry waffles and bacon and sausage and they hung out till parents came.

Emma got a great outfit; a really cool thing that lights up (I can't really describe it) and a really pretty glass bird and a cool clock.

They all got up at 7 a.m. which is WAY early for us. Saturday we went to our friend's house about an hour south of here. I went to bed early while everyone else watched The King and I, and then the kids went to bed and Tom and our friend watched Dances with Wolves...or Tom did. She fell asleep!

Jude was up at 7 a.m. because of the skylight above us. Tom and I were up at 2 b/c the smoke detector in our room decided to have its battery die at that time of night and we had to find a ladder and disconnect it.

I felt pretty sleep deprived all morning and have another cold coming on so I laid down with Tom for about 1/2 hour while our friend hung out with the kids; then all the kids and adults went out for a long walk while Jude and I napped in the afternoon.

I actually took a pregancy test today. My period is 6 days late (not too weird I guess, but it's been pretty regular since I got it back). I did have a weird ovulation cycle this month, so I'm very confused. The test was negative, but I'm so tired and have a metallic tate in my mouth and feel somewhat queasy. I also have a weird pain in my left side. Maybe I'm sick and it's throwing off my cycle.

Anyway, we're home and I'm tired again. Emma is mother-helping first thing in the morning again, so I need to be up, since Tom is taking his mom to buy a used car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home