In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, March 11, 2005

Happy Birthday Emma!

It's Emma's birthday! She is 9 today, my big, beautiful girl :). I remember going into labor with her when Brian and Karen were over painting her bedroom purple. I hid it until about 1 a.m. and then had David shoo them out so I could stop pretending to be sleeping ;).

I labored with her for 25.5 hours and finally had her at 12:25a.m. 3/11/96. She was 5 lb 8 oz and 18 inches long. Now she's 48 inches tall and 43 lbs!

I remember her impish grin when she was a new toddler, emptying the magazine rack and bookshelves. I remember her playing the same toddler computer game over and over again on "her" computer on the floor of my office when I worked from home.

I remember nursing her hour after hour as I volunteered for Moms Online as a chat host. And the countless La Leche League meetings we attended and the volunteering I did for them.

I remember when her Grammy died, and how hard that was.

I remember David pretending to nurse her so he could get her to take a bottle when I was at work.

I remember telling her that her dad and I were going to divorce when she was 5, and how sad she was. I remember how she held her sister and kept her safe when her dad was sick and out of control the night we separated.

I love how she has become a witty and fun loving young woman. I love that we get inside each other's heads and finish each other's sentences. I love that she is a big sister. I love that she is a gymnast and is passionate about it. I love how she treats other people.

She is such a special girl and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

Happy Birthday Emma. You are so loved by so many people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home