In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Vacation is officially over

I went back to work last night after having a week off. Class itself was good and I got a lot done, but I think my time having Jude there is limited. He is just getting so mobile, it's hard to keep track of him and get anything done. The bad part of work was finding out that I am not going to get to coach pre-team. I'm not sure why this is, but I'm extremely bummed about it. I was really looking forward to it. I will get to coach a Level 3 class but...well, it's just not the same level of coolness.

Jude started bananas and loves them. Like he ate half a container. holy cow. He also loves teething biscuits - the organic kind, but he doesn't understand how to swallow anything that's beyond pureed at this point, so he bears strict observation when he has one of these suckers.

It's the end of an era I guess. I am sad but know that Tom and the girls are enjoying the opportunity to be more involved. I really wanted to wait until 6 months, but he was showing all the signs of readiness and is loving it and doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects. We are taking it slow though. I definitely don't want him to wean, especially after both girls nursed to almost 5 yo.

Speaking of which, I have gotten some hints from Tom lately that he would like to have another baby. I am torn between, "Hah, so YOU have the kid, OK?" and "well, I would consider it in another 2 years." WTF am I thinking to even consider this? 4 kids? being pg again? omg. I'm so freaking warped. I did tell him that I would totally have to not be under any obligation to WOH if we had another child. It's almost too difficult now.

Moving on from *that* subject, the girls are in a talent show at LCG today. Emma made up a modified routine and Soren is doing a short version of her ballet recital piece. I need to charge the video camera battery so I can tape them!

They are both very excited that their dad is moving up here on Thursday. Emma says it's her best bday present.

Emma has a meet Friday night, and her bday is NEXT Friday. How can it be possible that she will be 9? I just can't fathom it. Damn. She doesn't really even know what she wants, and has been unable to commit to planning a party, although we know she's having an overnight with 4 girls, with movie and popcorn. Should be fun!

I'd like to find one of those sleepover kits - anyone see them anywhere? that would be cool.

OK, enough procrastinating. I've got a ton to do in the next hour!

What else? Not too much I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home