In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Jude's fever broke right after I finally took him to the doctor on Thursday. BUT, he is still miserable. I want my happy baby back :( He was either screaming or sleeping yesterday and last night was awful. Tom had him from 2:30 to 5:30 a.m. and then he was latched on for the next 2 hours. He has never been a comfort nurser and I just don't know what's going on with him! Residual exhaustion from being sick maybe.

David is coming this morning to look for apartments. He's going to stay here with the girls and we're going to a friend's house in Naples, NY until tomorrow. Emma has a meet tomorrow evening, so we have to be back for that. Then I'm trying to figure out if Jude will be well enough to travel to Lancaster to visit with some friends (waving at Beanmom!) or not and then to my mom's so she can visit with the girls for a day or two. We have to be back in town on Thursday to watch my friend's kids so she can go to the dentist and I'm hosting the LLL evaluation mtg. at my house Friday morning and Emma may or may not have her mother's helper gig that morning as well.

We went to my BIL and his new wife's house last night - they got married yesterday at the courthouse and then had a party. There was THE most annoying person in the *world* there. I couldn't restrain myself and kept making comments under my breath. Tom was in stitches. This guy was drunk, loud, full of himself and stupid to boot. There was quite an interesting crowd at that party anyway.

The most interesting thing that happened was that Tom's friend Kevin saw Tom's ex-wife, Wendy, at Gold's Gym. She recognized Kevin although he didn't recognize her at first and asked him how Tom was doing. He told her that he was happily married and had a kid. He said he wished he had had a camera phone to take a picture of her face. He couldn't have gotten a better reaction if he had hit her on the head with a 2x4 ;). Serves her right! :::meow::: Her loss.

Anyway, the annoying guy will probably live on as the inside joke of the century. There was a psychologist at the party too and this guy, "R," kept talking to him about how psychology was dying, and all sorts of ridiculous theories about the Iraq war and unions and anything he could talk about. He's apparently a (bad?) musician to boot. This psych probably is having a field day at work today! You know it's bad when you feel embarrassed for someone else's behavior. I don't know how his girlfriend stands it.

Anyway, enough about R. We're off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home