In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Trippy

We logged about 700 miles in 3 days.

First we drove from Rochester to Lancaster to visit with Laura and her family. Beanmom and her kids were sick :( so we didn't get to see them, which sucked.

The hotel was great fun. A good deal, which included the room, dinner and breakfast and they had a water playground for the kids (they even had floaties available!) and 2 indoor pools with a game room.

It was so wonderful to see Laura and her beautiful kids again. C. is just amazing and adorable, and was very good natured even though she had a cold. She thought Jude was the coolest thing :). A. is just cuter than ever - he has the most amazing eyes, and B. is great - he is way into knock knock jokes and just slayed himself ;). And those cheeks...kissable!

We were sad to go, but Jude hates to drive at night, so we drove to PA to my mom's and Jude slept most of the way therem, which was great.

I was at my mom's less than 24 hours. She was driving me absolutely out of my gourd, so I fled yesterday afternoon and drove back before dark. again, Jude slept the whole way! 3.5+ hours. Sadly, he hasn't been sleeping so well at night! Tom got up w/ him at 6:30 a.m. so I could sleep for a couple of hours. He hadn't slept well at my mom's either - he had me up 6 times to nurse between 9:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. He had his first little taste of solids (aside from the celery stalk I let him chew on one day.) He had a tiny little bit of soft pretzel and then some applesauce on the tip of a spoon at my mom's. He liked the first taste but when he actually got a bit that was a little more than juice, he actually shuddered! He didn't spit it out though. I guess we'll wait a bit longer, which is fine with me.

My mother and I had another huge fight about Soren's dairy allergy. she is constantly trying to feed her foods that make her sick and it makes me SO angry. And she was being so judgmental about everything - Emma's manners, Soren's food issues, Jude's sleeping, or lack thereof. I wanted to kill her. You'd think I'd be immune by now to her, but I was so stressed by the time I left. I was still a wreck when I got home. We had dinner at my MIL's and she could even tell I was stressed.

It is GREAT to be home. We rented a movie last night and watched about half of it. It's very very quiet here and I miss the girls a ton. They are staying with their dad and we are picking them up Sunday afternoon at the state border. I can't wait! It's nice to have some downtime, but not worth missing them so much.

I have a ton to do today. Banking, photos to develop, snacks to buy for LLL tomorrow, glasses adjusted, dog bathed and nails trimmed. It will be a full day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home