In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, April 15, 2005

The sky is falling!

So I got a call last night that my dad took a bad fall and had to go to the emergency room. They didn't get back to me until after midnight. He hurt his face but appears to have no broken bones. He had a CT Scan and his aneurism is enlarged from the last time he was there.

I got a call back from the VA today and they don't seem particularly helpful. I think it would be better to try to get him enrolled in medicaid, but I'll pull his papers together next week and see what I can do. :::sigh::: This is going to be a busy day.

We're leaving for NJ tomorrow to visit with Laura BZ, Karen of Catherine and Colleen and family. I haven't packed a damn thing yet and have people coming over this morning, have to work and get Soren to ballet this afternoon and Emma is in a play again this evening. God help me.

I had a dream about my favorite cousin's older brother last night but don't remember the context. However, it inspired me to try to google my fave cousin, Jon, this morning. I had tried before with no success, but I guess the fact that he moved to SF was part of that! I found him! His mother and my mother (sisters) have very bad blood between them, which filtered down to us, since we weren't allowed to see each other for some years, and then his mother and I had it out right after I had Emma. My family is totally crazy at times - to the point of being ludicrous. Anyway, I emailed him and will be interested to see if he emails me back or not.

I also had a dream that an ex-boyfriend emailed me soliciting funds for starving Chinese children. Weird.

On top of it all, I have my first plugged duct of this nursing relationship. Right on cue with ovulation, like I used to get with Soren. I'm downing lecithin and doing lots of weird nursing positions and massage. Couldn't come at a better time. I'm sure that my sleep deprivation hasn't helped things, although I got a lot of sleep last night I think, for the first time in recent memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home