In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, April 11, 2005

busy

We've been busy. The kids were with their dad this weekend and Tom and I had our friend Bernie and her husky, Bandit, come to visit. We went to Tom's mother's house for spaghetti and meatballs on Saturday. We ended up spending a good portion of the day there. I had to work Saturday morning, as I was substituting at the front desk. I was nervous that I would be a mess, since that is generally a very busy day and especially this past week, but it went very smoothly I think!

We went for a long walk with Jude in the stroller on Saturday, as the weather was gorgeous. We watched Frida Saturday night. I had seen it before but Tom and Bernie hadn't. It's such an interesting movie.

I wasn't feeling particularly well, but felt better on Sunday. We had a late breakfast and did a bunch of spring cleaning on the front porch and the back yard. I couldn't take the rap music from next door any longer though, so we put the dogs in the car and went to Ellison Park for a long walk with Jude and the dogs.

We grilled chicken and Bernie and Emma made an amazing waldorf-y salad after the kids got home and we had a wonderful dinner! Then we were going to watch Y Tu Mama Tambien, but I was too tired. Bernie ended up staying overnight again.

Today I had Jude's 6/7 mo checkup and had major stress all day because I lost my wallet. I did eventually find it under his changing table.

He was 17 lb, 2 oz and 28.5 inches long. Gained 2 lobs and 2 inches since his last appt. He has exzema on his elbows and cheeks. Not sure what it's from. I can try an elimination diet again. I suspect something in the solids he's having but not much of it is allergenic except the teething biscuits. God. Enough with food allergies. I know the dairy thing is mild compared to what some people put up with, but it's just exhausting for me. I have a hard enough time just dealing with food and cooking as it is.

Anyway, other than that, he is healthy and happy, except for the mild cold he's had for about 5 days. And now he's sad, so I must go.

Oh, quickly, he got the comvax vaccine and DTaP and finger stick for WIC. The stick was the worst. He refused to nurse during it at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home