In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, April 23, 2005

quiet

It's so quiet. We watched Reservoir Dogs last night and part of the Secret of Roan Inish, but Tom fell asleep so I turned it off.

Jude was up all night nursing and around 5:30 I tried to hand him off to Tom, who walked him for about 15 minutes and then brought him back to bed, where he wailed in my ear for about 5 minutes before I snapped. I asked Tom why he thought that I asked him to take the baby? Obviously, so I could get more sleep and having him wail in my ear, even though I had nursed him for the last hour straight was not going to help me sleep.

He's not talking to me apparently, which is one reason it's so quiet here. He got up and did the dishes after I took Jude back and got him back to sleep myself. I wonder if he thinks that doing housework is a substitute for his complete lack of communication skills? I'm so frustrated with that. I wrote him a letter, since he won't talk to me, but I don't think I'll give it to him, since he won't respond to it anyway, given past history.

Sometimes I can see why Wendy (the ex) left the way she did; she probably got sick of trying to talk to a brick wall. Feh. PMS anyone?

I love him anyway. This is really the only thing that I have to complain about wrt to Tom, but it's really huge. I'm going to see a counselor on Monday about Soren and I'm going to talk to him about this too.

I'm waiting for J. to wake up from his nap so I can go to the bank and laundromat. I don't want his diapers to sit for the week it's going to take to order the new timer. A week!! David figured it out. Costs $80, but better than paying a repairman AND the markup on the part and I'd still have to wait anyway. None of the repair places had it in stock either.

We took J. to the doctor yesterday and of course he was already feeling better - she said just a really long cold. Interesting - she said that research is showing that boys have weaker immune systems in the first year of life. Anecdotally that's been true of my kids.

It's raining and grey here; that is probably contributing to my mood. I just want to go back to bed. I didn't get close to enough sleep. And I feel icky and ugly and blah. I hate hormones. I wish I could go back on the pill to regulate things again.

Wow, this is a long and whiny post ;). Move along people, nothing more to see here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home