In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Church

The topic was slowing down and simplifying today. It was a great service. A little sermon from 3 people and then mostly congregational response. I talked a bit about how pregnancy has forced me to slow down, and how eating and talking with people who need support is a good way to slow down, because one of the older members is always wanting people to go to lunch with. I suspect that people get annoyed because he asks every week and not always at the most appropriate moment, but I feel sorry for him. Maybe because he reminds me of my dad in some ways.

I made a point of getting tea and snacks for another older member of our congregration who is a widower and recently upgraded from a cane to a walker. We had a nice chat.

I had a lovely time at Erica's. She made a fantastic dinner last night and Emma ate the rest of mine in the car on the way home. She also raved about the mesquite lime marinade on the chicken and ate all the edamame (soy beans). I'm so glad she's not a picky eater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home