In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Ahhh, weekends

This has probably been one of the nicest weekends in recent memory.

I worked yesterday morning and Tom helped his brother and his girlfriend move into their new house. When I got home, I threw together a backpack of snacks and extra clothes, and then we drove to Ithaca, stopping at Taughannock Falls to hike the gorge. We did two different trails and I was about done in by the time we got done!

Then we went to dinner, which was the worst part of the weekend. The service was awful and the waitresses were snarly and rude. The food was mediocre. However, afterwards, we went to this really cool little juice and coffee bar that opened since we were there in December, and had mate', which was sort of like tea and coffee mixed. It was incredible.

We had quite a tired drive home, picked up Mike and Danielle's dog, Betsy, who we are dogsitting until tomorrow, and headed home and crashed.

This morning, we went out to Jine's, which is one of my favorite little restaurants in the Park Ave. district in Rochester, and had one of my favorite waitresses of all times (ask for Stacy if you ever go there!) which made up for last night's experience. The kids ate a ton, and I had pancakes with fresh strawberries, syrup and ice cream ::swoon::. Tom got a side of their sweet potato fries with feta cheese dressing to dip them in, which I crave nearly daily.

Then i took the girls to Homebirth Circle where we watch a video of unassisted births which was amazing. Then we went to a graduation/Father's Day party across the street from the ILs house. It was OK, although I didn't really know anyone. They had a hot tub though and the kids got to go in, which they loved. The food was good :).

Tom's dad seems to be failing. He's on oxygen all the time now, and I just feel so sorry for him. He's obviously pretty depressed about his body giving up on him and Tom's mother is really struggling with how to deal with it. I feel so sorry for both of them in so many ways.

Anyway, I had a few minutes before they follow me home, so wanted to post about our lovely weekend! The girls only have 3 more days of school left and we'll be FREE! I can't wait :) Then we can start to hook up with some of the hsing people we've met, finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home