In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, June 07, 2004

ave Blessingway

I attended my friend Alyce's blessingway yesterday. I was a bit apprehensive, as it seemed to be a very long day (1 to 9 p.m.) and I wasn't sure I could make it, let alone whether Alyce could make it, but most of us did!

It was beautiful - lots of nurturing, tears, friendship and love. what an amazing group of women she has in her life. I'm lucky that I know her and that some of these women have entered my life as well.

A woman who wrote a book on Blessingways helped to run it, and I wish I could find a link to the book, but I can't and I can't remember her last name, sadly.

Edited: I found the link! Have I mentioned that I really want a henna tatoo on my belly?

I ended up leaving around 8 p.m. after eating and doing some socializing after the rituals. I was in so much pain, I was nearly in tears for much of the evening. Some days I feel great (like today, now that I've done some yoga stretches before getting out of bed). Other days I feel like I would like to hang my pelvis up somewhere before I go out and face the world.

Despite having cushions, exercise balls, etc. to make us preggy women comfy, I just ended up hurting more and more, so I came home, drank a beer, and sat on the heating pad. That worked finally.

I have off today and need to finish laundry and straighten up the house, as well as get chili in the crock pot. Tom is working elsehwere tonight so the girls and I will be on our own. I think we'll go to the park and library for a bit, and then eat before Emma goes to gymnastics.

Tomorrow, we have Bradley classes, so I need to make some time to read the information, as I've been slacking on that.

I'm getting excited about having this baby. Seeing my friend Vicky with her 2 mo son really made me anxious to nurse again and sling again, and cuddle, and introduce him to the girls. 3 more months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home