In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, May 31, 2004

NY

I'm back in NY and I'm incredibly grumpy.

Soren did not want to leave David's, which is good, because that meant that he's doing better and they are really enjoying their visit, but bad because it made me feel like a cad when we had to leave. She didn't cry or anything, but talked about missing him all the way home, and then about 10 minutes after we got home, said she wished she was still with daddy, which made me feel about two inches tall.

Yeah, I know she didn't say it to make me feel bad, but I hate that the second I see them after a long weekend, we had to embark on a four hour ride home. At least the car cooler enabled me to have good snacks.

Emma also taught Soren how to use the 100s chart 100s chart , and she caught on right away and they played some fun number games. Emma and I worked on the multiplication tables a bit in her head (better than in my head, with the state of mind I'm in right now ;))

I gave the teaching to Emma as a project, so she could see how well she understood it, and because Soren wanted to learn how to subtract. It seemed like a good homeschool exercise for both of them.

When we got home, I unpacked the car in the pouring rain, and tore our expensive sleeping bag getting it out of the car . I'll have to go to the fabric store tomorrow and get nylon thread to repair it.

I started laundry and when I went downstairs I found that our lovely cat pissed on the futon (that was still made up as a guest bed) at least three times while I was out of town. I'm *furious*. Like I cold kill him. I have threatened over and over again to get rid of this damn cat since he started pissing on things when we moved, and I think that had the SPCA been open at that moment, he would be sooo gone.

I'm also grumpy because I had to spend a lot of time at the house while Tom was taking down the swing set and I cried so hard yesterday, and couldn't stop. Geez, I could start up again now if I'm not careful. I am so homesick. I am never going to get over losing this house. It's as bad as if someone had died, truly.

The girls are in the tub, and I'm ready to crash. Tomorrow I have to grocery shop and get a massage (not like that is a chore!) and Bradley class is canceled tomorrow so we get an evening at home, thank goodness. Maybe my mood will be improved by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home