In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Betty's Five

From Harsh Betty:

1. Tell me about of a time when you were disappointed recently. Are you more likely to be disappointed in things that do happen, or things that don't happen? Discuss.
I was really disappointed that the sale of my house fell through.

I'm more likely to be disappointed by things that happen, actually. I'm pretty philosophical about things that *don't* happen for the most part, but the house is becoming an albatross.

2. Is there an area of your life in which you are not rational or reasonable? Elaborate.
Right now it's my appearance. I'm freaking out about my physical condition with being pregnant and the fact that I'm having a hard time walking as much as I would like and that I tire so easily. I am really hard on myself when I feel that I'm not living up to my own high standards.


3. How tall are you? How do you feel about your height? If you could change it, would you?

I'm 5'2". I am perfectly happy at this height except in my kitchen which has high cabinets, which necessiate me hauling my pregnant body on to a step stool many times a day ;). I wouldn't change my height at all!

4. Is there anything you've been avoiding lately, either actively or passively? Discuss.
I've been avoiding dealing with what I believe is a relapse of Soren's health, but she has an appointment at the doctor on Monday. It means more blood work, which doesn't bother Soren, but it bothers me!

5. Re-imagine your life if you'd made one big decision differently. How might things have turned out for you if you'd taken Option B instead? Elaborate.


If I hadn't run away from home at 15, I wouldn't have met Danielle, or David, or eventually Tom. I wouldn't have the faith in myself to take on hard things and succeed at them. I wouldn't have gotten all the support and help that were a huge part of who I am today, both as a person and as an employee and a wife and a mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home