In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Almost TGIF

This has been a long week! Tom and I finally talked on Wednesday, so things are much better there. I have worked every night this week plus yesterday morning and this morning. I have off tomorrow, was supposed to work Saturday morning but am working 2 birthday parties in the afternoon instead. Love parent's week! ;). This weekend got screwed up with staffing because of graduation around here at the uni and colleges and prom.

I went to visit my friend Dawn today to pick up the Fuzzi Bunz I won in a raffle (I *never* win anything!) and it was my first time at her house. I met her at home birth circle I think and then at LLL. Another woman from LLL, Karen, was there, with her daughter, so it was really lovely to sit and chat a bit. I feel like I get very little "mom socialization" - I have to be pretty professional at work, although I'm mostly dealing with parents there, it's rarely just social.

While I was at work tonight, Tom took the girls to a free skating night offered by the PTA. They had a blast and there is also a climbing wall, a jousting and bungee run thingy, and a big climbing rig, a la Chuckie Cheese. They just skated, did video games and the climbing rig. and they had a blast!

I was glad they didn't stay at work with me. My boss was very crabby, and it got very busy talking to parents, I ended up evaluating a student to move up to another level, and a kid peed all over the place ;).

Emma is still awake, as David bought us a router so I could hook up the girls' laptop to the cable modem so they could email with their dad. Emma's really into the internet lately too, so I'm sure she'll become a computer and email junkie like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home