In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Soren

I got this email from the school counselor today about Soren. I am just pleased as punch at the progress she has made in the last 2 months. She NEVER asserts herself, let alone talks to, other children, so this is a huge step. And the fact that she expressed her feelings and explained herself is amazing.

"Today I was quite impressed by Soren's ability to be assertive in an appropriate way. I didn't make a big thing out of it with her but wanted to share with you. One of the other girls in the group tends to get "grabby" and, when she grabbed the toy Soren was playing with, Soren took it back.

"The other girl got upset and very clearly didn't see that she was in the wrong, so I asked Soren if she could tell her why Soren took the toy. Soren explained about not liking to have things grabbed and then found a way to say that they could still play and that she still likes the other girl. Very cool. Emma told me as I was passing by that she will be having a brother and that she got to see the ultrasound. She was very pleased and excited to share. Best wishes to all
"

Woohoo! Go Soren :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home