In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, April 10, 2004

First of all, if you emailed me yesterday after about 10 a.m., I haven't received it and am not likely to until Wednesday because I stupidly set up my mail to not leave messages on the server, so I can't get them off the web :-/.

I asked Tom to fix it this morning, but it's not working still, so we must have changed the wrong account.

I went to the midwife yesterday and she did an exam, yielding the information that my cervix is irritated, but no sense of why. There is no yeast, no sign of infection. She said it may just be a part of this being a third pregnancy and the cervix is a bit open, allowing the inner tissue to be a bit more vulnerable to being bumped. She was easily able to make it bleed with a swab.

she said that it's nothing major to worry about, but that I should be aware of my b-h contractions and that if they start to seem real, to call her. Otherwise, I am apt to spot throughout the pregnancy. Oh joy!

I made it safely to PA. David looks rather strange - his hair is quite long and looks very weird ;). He didn't invite me in to his new apartment. Typical. Apparently he's sleeping in the closet. Again, typical ;).

I had a nice evening with my friend Erica and recruited a couple more people to move furniture this evening. I just need to pick up some beer and order a pizza later.

Today I went out the house and gathered up the rest of my things that need to go to NY. I cried the *entire* time. I sooo do not want to sell this house. I would stay there with nothing in it. I wanted to die in that house. I don't know how the children can stand it - they must be so depressed to leave their whole lives there. I know that I am. It was my first real home. it is like a death to leave this final time.

There is nothing to be done about it except nurse my broken heart and move on. I will have to find a way to love NY the way I love it here but so far I haven't made much progress. The people are great. I hate the city. I miss my home desperately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home