In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I hate Wednesdays

I know I say this every week, and it never ends up being as bad as I expect, but I hate Wednesdays. This morning is no exception really.

Bradley class was good last night for the most part. We talked about the partner's role in the birth, and it was a bit patronizing I think, but in the end it led to Tom and I having a *really* long talk, until midnight, about all sorts of things. The things we need to work on in communicating with each other; what we expect from the birth and parenting; how things are going with Soren and what we can do to be more responsive; how much time he will take off when the baby is born; my wishywashiness about wanting to go back to work when the baby is born; moving to the city, etc.

I thought it was great!

Soren apparently was great at the ILs until I arrived this morning (par for the course). She started whining about her stockings, or lack thereof, and when I pointed out that I *did* pack her stockings and they were in their overnight bag, she said she didn't like those, because they made her head hurt, because they are striped. Hah.

The other night she told me she wanted to lose bath privileges. And she's learning how to cheat at cards. Funny kid.

Anyway, I'm praying for a nap this afternoon in between work. Not sure what I am going to cook for dinner quite yet. I'm thinking pierogies and sausage sandwiches. That should be tasty. I guess I'll have to pick up sandwich rolls after work though. I hate going to Wegmans. Tom calls it the "blue hair Wegmans." Not meaning any disrespect, but it's true - all the retired people shop there!

In other news, I got a call from an old friend yesterday who was upset and it was so good to talk to them. I hope I was able to offer the listening ear they needed and that my advice (which was asked for!) was sound. I haven't really talked to this person for a while, and it was good to catch up and really get some things out on the table, for both of us, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home