In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, March 05, 2004

Stupid people

I swear, I don't know how some people hold down jobs. Does it seem that customer service now equals rude, inefficient people who make you feel two inches tall and constantly infuriated when you hang up the phone? That has so been my experience lately and I'm tired of it!

I had this problem with the mortgage company this week, whom David and I left 3 messages for and he never returned our call. Then, even though we had been told that our house would be foreclosed on on Feb. 28 if we didn't get all our paperwork in, and we were trying to confirm that it had been received, the guy couldn't figure out why I was so frantic to get ahold of him. Duh.

Then, today, I called the child support office because I noticed that my check had been *mailed* instead of direct deposited, which is a major problem since my rent is due tomorrow, and I don't have enough to cover it. So I called to ask if there was a problem, because I did change accounts, but a test had gone through OK from them, and they said that direct deposit doesn't start till 3/11. Huh? Then when I was trying to find out why they don't let you know this so you can plan better, she got all snippy with me and I called her on her attitude, which made it worse, so I finally just said whatever and hung up. Yeesh!

I have so much to do and I'm in a rotten mood now. I can't even afford to buy butter.

I wish someone would take up a collection for me and the kids so I could get out of this fucking debt. With about $10,000 I could be in the clear if I could get my house sold. I'm so frustrated and upset. I've got old medical bills that David never paid, credit card bills that were half his that he didn't pay, and Friends School tuition that they initially told us we didn't owe, and now we do. I have no idea how I'll ever pay it off. My only luxury is the cable modem at $30/month and I'm about to get rid of that too. I can't even get new socks for Emma, because David never helps to pay for their gymnastics or clothes, which is above and beyond daily living expenses like housing and food that child support barely covers. The thing is, I know he's maxed out financially too and I hate to complain because he's doing the best he can, but I'm just sooo frustrated.

:::sob:::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home