In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

The diagnosis is in...

My mom has lupus. She is pretty shook up, and I know it's serious, but I'm not convinced that it is causing her blindness, or even that it is necessarily the right diagnosis, as she also has scleroderma, which can cause a false positive test.

I hope that they continue to do tests to figure out what is causing the eye problems. At least lupus is mostly treatable, although certainly not easy to deal with.

I went to LLL today and got drafted to volunteer already ;). The leader apparently knows a bfing advocate when she sees one ;). It will be good for me to meet people and get out of the house though! It's a huge group and I'm sure they need help. I'm also going to get together with Krista in the next week to think about ways to advertise the homebirth circle better, since they need new blood. Woohoo! Krista is a cool lady - has a 2 yo named Aidan and is full of energy and spunk. It's hard to be in a funk around her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home