In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, February 23, 2004

Day 7 - Tuesday, Feb. 17

This was the day we were heading out on our car trip across the U.S.! I was anxious to get going but Tom and I had a little tiff about it. He wanted to stay an extra day to let Gary and Sandra go out to dinner so we could watch their kids, but as much as I wanted to do that, I knew we needed the driving time with two little kids traveling with us.

We didn't end up leaving till mid-afternoon anyway, and unfortunately, I woke up with a cold, so wasn't in the best of moods. I drove first and we made it to Flagstaff, AZ before stopping for the night.

I'll sum up the rest here, because I slept most of the way except when I was driving. I got really sick and then so did Soren! We drove through New Mexico on Wednesday and stopped in Santa Fe for dinner because I was *dying* for New Mexican food, which for the record, is not Mexican. It was amazing although I couldn't taste very much because my sinuses were totally clogged.

We made it to Colorado Springs late that night and stopped. When we woke up in the morning, I could see the Rockies, but not for long, because snow started moving in. The clouds coming in over the mountains were amazing! We got moving and drove through Kansas all that day.

The only exciting thing that happened that day was that we blew a tire in a fantastical manner while I was driving outside of Salinas, KS. We're lucky that the truck handled so well. Losing a tire with that much force at 70 MPH is not something I'd care to repeat. It took us 5 hours to get out of Salinas, because the spare was flat and we had to have a tow truck come and then we made it to the WalMart tire shop with minutes to spare before they closed.

We at at IHOP and kept going, stopping somewhere in Missouri I think to spend the night. I honestly can't remember! Wait, let's see, it was west of St. Louis, some major city, but I can't remember where ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home