In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, February 23, 2004

We're back!

I wish I could have blogged but didn't have much computer time. Just enough to clean up my email now and again!

Last Wednesday we flew out of Buffalo at 6:30 a.m. EST. We got to Las Vegas at 12:45 p.m. PST, after changing planes at BWI, which went without a hitch. The kids were *amazing* on such a long flight. The Southwest Airlines staff were great with them too and had a great sense of humor the entire time. Emma won a deck of cards in a riddle contest they held, which thrilled her to death.

Tom's friend Gary met us at the airport and helped us get our luggage out to the rental car shuttle. We got our car with no problems and then drove to his house. The thing about LV is that all the houses look exactly the same. It's really weird. I don't know how anyone ever tells theirs apart from their neighbor's. Inside, their house was beautiful.

The striking thing is that they have zero clutter. I want to cry now that I'm home and looking at my house - I just can't get it under control. We have too much stuff for one small house with four people. If we don't find something larger I am going to wilt. Unfortunately, we also have to find something cheaper, so we'll see.

Anyhoo, Gary and Sandra have three children: Vanessa, 5; Joshua, 4; and Valentina, 2.5. They are all cute as can be, and my kids and theirs got along famously for the most part. The biggest problem we ran into was that Vanessa is about 5 inches taller than Emma and Emma kept forgetting that Vanessa is the same age as Soren so had too high of expectations for her a lot of the time. Plus they both had the bossy biggest sister thing going on.

Joshua immediately fell in love with Soren. They are all dark with black hair and big brown eyes and Soren's fairy red hair and blue eyes was a striking contrast. Joshua told his mom, "Soren is soooo beautiful..." Very cute! He apparently cried for two days after we left, poor lovestruck chap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home