In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Time Flies...

When you work every night of it! This is Parent Observation Week at the gym. Which I actually enjoy, except for the parents who think that it's fine for their younger children to run rampant in a gym full of much larger kids who are tumbling and cartwheeling and could easily crush a child of 3 or 4.

Not to mention the parents who can't read the signs that say that they need to stay in the bleacher area, and who I have to ask *4* times to stay away from the edge of the cheerleading area. I know that I would not want to get nailed in the face by the sneakered foot of a 100 lb. girl doing a round off back handspring, but to each their own!

Oh, and the parents who allow their children to bring food into the gym, when the signs posted all over the place expressly ask that food stay in the lobby (from where you can still see your child, incidentally).

But other than that, I enjoy seeing the parents and having time to chat with them. Except last night, one of the team coaches called in sick, so I spent the whole 4 hours coaching. I *love* coaching Level 4 and Pre-Team though, because that means I get to hang out with Emma and her posse, who all adore me and whom I adore! They are all so cute and try so hard and are full of bubbling laughter and gossip and chatter.

I made potato soup in the crockpot today, so dinner is already done. Woohoo!

The reason I did this though is that I have to meet with the principal and Emma's teacher today to try to get Emma moved into a classroom where she is more comfortable. I hate to move her at the end of the year since we just moved anyway, but her teacher is so neurotic.

OTOH, I met with Soren's teacher on Tuesday and it went great. They had some good ideas about working on expressive language with her and abstract concepts to see if she can get better at expressing her emotions in healthier ways. She is also doing great "academically" whatever that means in kindergarten ;).

Anyway, it's supposed to be 65F tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to spending some time outside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home