In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Noooooo!

This day has been hectic. I taught my two classes at the gym, which went better than I expected (of course. I always enjoy teaching once I GET there!). I came home, made two more batches of cupcakes for school tomorrow and had a lovely chat with my friend Barbara about the whole school situation.

The school called and told me that Emma would be in Mrs. Pettifer's classroom. She will start Monday. Then, the nurse called to tell me that Emma had been in her office twice with nausea, but had no fever and seemed relaxed. I suspected emotional turmoil. Then Soren showed up in her office with a sore throat. Soren DID throw up last night at a friends but it was attributed to running around playing hard and then eating too fast. Argh!

So anyway, then I called to set up an appointment for my phone interview, laid down for about 10 minutes and the phone rang again. It was the school parent social worker, calling to say that Emma had thrown up in the bathroom and could I come and get her :::sigh:::.

It ended well though. I got to talk to the social worker about what was going on and she was very supportive. Then I got to meet Mrs. Pettifer, who seems very kind. We are going to meet next week about Emma and her boredom with math. Emma will meet her tomorrow morning, assuming she doesn't throw up anymore. She still has no fever, and she said she was feeling upset, so as I thought, it's probably nerves over the whole school thing.

Tomorrow I am volunteering on a field trip to see Miss Nelson is Missing!. That should be fun, although I don't relish hanging out with the soon-to-be former teacher for 4 hours.

I don't know if I'm going to work or not. I guess it depends on how the kids are over the next hour. My boss is thrilled ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home