In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, January 19, 2004

The midwife appointment went great! It lasted about two hours and we both really liked Meg. She checked my iron levels, which are good and pointed me in the direction of the food co-op downtown to get some natural prenatal vitamins which might be a little easier on my stomach. She was reassuring about my concerns about bleeding and has some things she wants to try differently, but she said that I will probably need to get a shot of pitocin right after birth to be on the safe side, which I'm comfortable with.

Tom got to be there for most of the appointment, which was great. She also filled out an application for WIC for me, so I'll see if I qualify. Insurance is the biggest issue right now, as COBRA has raised my fee 30% as of Jan. 1. There's no way that that can be swung, even with my friend helping me to pay for it.

Also, my house in PA is almost in foreclosure because I haven't been able to pay the full monthly mortgage, although I've been trying to pay *something* every month. I'm so broke, ack! It will just take some time to get back on my feet. I hate dealing with money.

Yesterday, I went to a local homebirth circle, which was so wonderful! I met a bunch of hsing moms too and they're going to help me get the forms I need to get started with pulling the girls out of school. I'm sure that's the direction I want to go in. They are just so unhappy there. Ugh. Anyway, I got to hear 3 birth stories, which was great; I met Alyce, the student midwife who hooked me up with this group. It was her birthday, her first day out since being so ill w/ her pregnancy, and she felt the baby move for the first time yesterday! Very cool. I, OTOH, had my first real morning/afternoon sickness - really nauseous. It's been waxing and waning ever since and I feel pretty crappy still. I hope it passes soon!

I have spent the weekend at Danielle's house, watching the twins so her and her dh, Mike, could go to GA for his bday. It sounds like they've had a good time. I can't wait till they get home just so I can go to MY house and do laundry and sleep in my own bed again. I'm so exhausted, but I have so much to do at my house ::sigh:::. At least I don't work tonight.

David was here on Saturday and Sunday too, and seemed to have a great visit w/ the girls. It was a little odd to all stay in the same house, but it went well I think. Soren was very sad to see him go. Emma hasn't said much at all. it makes me sad.

That's all the news from Lake Ontario ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home