In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, January 15, 2004

The great white north

School was canceled today due to temps of -15F (with the windchill). It's supposed to be -35F tomorrow so I'm guessing there won't be school then either. It keeps snowing too. We got a couple of inches today and it's windy as hell, so it's blowing all over the place and drifting because it's so flat here.

Being me, I of course was out in it most of the day, doing errands, running around, working ;). We tried to go out to dinner and the mediterranean place we tried to go to was closed, I assume because of the weather; then we tried the Indian place, and it was only doing take-out because their heat was broken (!) so we went across the street to another mediterranean place, which IMO isn't as good as the first one (but don't tell Tom I said that ). Monroe Ave., btw, is "happening street" in Rochester. We also went to Aaron's Alley, which is owned by, well, Aaron, who incidentally is a friend of Tom's. We bought some patchouli incense for a friend of his who lives in Alaska and can't get it there.

So this snowy, icy, freezing, windy crap is starting to seem normal. I forget what it's like to drive 55 on dry roads almost. Tom went for a walk on the golf course next to our house tonight to enjoy the extreme elements, but it was apparently not as impressive as he expected. *I* would have thought it was ;). Plenty cold for this girl!

In other news, I've had no nausea for 2 or 3 days now. It's very strange. I thought it would get worse. Instead I just suddenly get ravenously hungry and must eat NOW because I'm shaky and get heat flashes. I hope my sugar isn't screwed up. I keep worrying about this pregnancy too. I'm sure everything is OK, but I'll feel much better once the first trimester is safetly gotten through. I guess the answer is that this is a boy, so of course everything will be different ;). I have a strong feeling about it actually, but I'll laugh if I have another girl. I don't care one way or the other actually, although a boy would be a bit different to deal with! (Maybe a boy wouldn't chatter nonstop? Who knows.)

Anyway, I'm going to go and crawl into my bed with Cold Mountain and snuggle up with my hubby. Hopefully school will be canceled again so we can sleep in and chill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home