In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday

Jude is feeling much better. I guess he needed to be threatened with amoxycilin. He has discovered his hair and likes to rub his head while he's nursing, which is so cute. He also gets so worked up when he's nursing now! He gets all sweaty and wiggles around; I had forgotten that nursing could be an Olympic sport!

Emma had a fun weekend. She spent all of Saturday in Buffalo at the Level 6 States meet with her coach and a few other Level 4s. They got to go to the huge mall there and went shopping and had lunch. She budgeted her money so well that she had $10 left over, so I let her keep it and she was quite proud of herself.

Soren had fun at the museum with her friends and then spent Saturday night with david. She had her picture professionally taken Sunday morning for ballet. She looked stunning. I can't wait to get the prints. David said a lot of the girls "looked like harlots," with way too much makeup. He did an amazing job with Soren. It was very natural looking, other than the red lipstick, but her lips are very red anyway, so it wasn't too marked. I could see just what she'll look like in 10 years and it was very scary ;-) Break out the baseball bat!

Yesterday we went to Barnes & Noble to get some homeschooling supplies for next year. They were having their Educator's Week special. I got some good stuff - geography and maps (I need to buy a good atlas!), oh, I can't remember what else. But I was happy with what I found. I bought Emma the first book in Anne McCaffrey's dragon series. She is thrilled. Soren actually stole it and started reading it last night. We also got A Swiftly Tilting Planet but Madeleine L'Engle, since we've been working our way through that series. I thought we owned it, but I can't find it anywhere. I'd like to find A House Like a Lotus.

Then we went to Applebee's for dinner. It was pretty good, although the ribs weren't very good. Bummer for me. I think our days at specialty restaurants are over for the moment. Jude is just too busy and loud. The atmosphere at Applebee's was much more laid back and I was a lot less stressed out by trying to keep him quiet than when we have tried to go out for Indian or sushi lately.

I really wanted to climb yesterday but we ran out of time.

I'm feeling very down about a few things. This is usually a great time of year for me with the longer days and the sun, but it's not making a dent in my mood. I know that I vent a lot about stuff here, but I think that I am good at just doing things and finding the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't see that light right now. I hate being depressed. I just don't have any energy and everything seems so overwhelming. Dealing with my dad's deterioration and Soren and work and a lot of other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home