In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, May 05, 2005

A little caught up

I got my email caught up this morning. I have to do the Lilac Children's Garden newsletter this weekend, but Tom is working Saturday afternoon, so I"ll do it then. It's the last one for the year. I think I'll volunteer to do it again next year if they'll have me. It was fun, although always a little stressful to get it out each time , but that's the nature of newsletters.

I called a referral that Danielle gave me to try to get an appointment to interview someone who does play therapy, so hopefully they'll call back today.

I'm taking my car in to have it appraised this morning for the bankruptcy. Briefly, when David moved out, he stopped helping to pay the mortgage after awhile and I couldn't afford it. I tried to work out a payment plan with the mortgage company, but they refused to be helpful at all. Eventually they foreclosed on the house and it is supposed to be sheriff-saled. It breaks my heart. I loved my house so much and will always miss it. It was my first real home. I hope that I feel that way again - that I'm home.

Anyway, David declared bankruptcy to avoid the mortgage company coming after him for any deficiency in what they get from the sheriff sale and it was recommended that I do the same. I also have a credit card bill that I wasn't able to pay on for a really long time because we were really broke. Things are still tight and if I could just not have it hanging over my head, I could get my student loans paid off and be free and clear of debts and just move ahead with a clean slate. I'd love to be able to buy a house again someday, you know?

Or a car ;).

Anyway, it's all really depressing.

In other news, I can't remember if I blogged about it or not, but my dad did fracture his hand when he fell and is now in a splint. He's still in pain but I don't know - I think it's way too late to have it casted. He really should have seen an orthopedist, but didn't. Anyway, he's having his assessment done by the Office of Aging and we should have an answer about moving him to Centre Crest ASAP. The House of Care *finally* sent me a form about an ID bracelet for him yesterday. Duh. He'll probably just take it off anyway, knowing him ;).

So, my desk is awash in paperwork and bills. I got 4 hours of sleep last night. I watched this movie, and then my brain wouldn't turn off and I couldn't sleep until 3 a.m. So I'm tired and cranky. The girls are going over to their friend's house today, so maybe I can get my desk cleared while they're gone.

I found out I have to coach tomorrow night, and my boss never told me, just put me on the sub schedule. Argh! Tom can't be there to watch Jude, so I'm getting one of the older team girls to watch him for a bit.

Speaking of Tom, the place that fired him for not being in town to shovel snow this winter called him and asked him to put in a bid to do the job he was already doing there. So he did, and he's going to end up doing the same work for them for 3x the amount of money ;). There IS some justice in the world! I find it all very amusing. So he'll be there tomorrow and Saturday afternoon and then 2 or 3 days a week through the summer. Maybe they'll let us use the pool!

Oh, and in other weirdness, I found my car key IN MY CAR yesterday! Remember this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home