In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

God is pissed

I went to the St. Joseph's Motherhouse tonight. It was kind of depressing and there were less children there than I expected, although we had the delightful company of Emma and Soren's friends Emma and Philip and their parents, whom I really enjoy.

We tried to sneak out early, because they started the dances of universal peace, which I normally enjoy, but Soren was tired and hungry and Tom has to get up early (mostly likely) to shovel at work, and quite frankly, Soren was bored (and I have to admit that I was too, after the music was over). The music was great though! Although Emma and Soren's atonal rendition of do-re-mi was ... interesting ;)

Anyway, I got out to the car, only to find that my car key was missing. The remote lock was there and ALL my other keys, but not my car key. We spent about an hour or more looking for it, and Tom finally got a ride home with a kind samaritan to get HIS car key, because of course he didn't have his car keys with him. So we tried to leave at 8:15 and got home at about 10:30 p.m. The damn key had to be somewhere between the car and the front door, but we never found it. Too much snow and blacktop.

So, God is obviously pissed at me for trying to leave early. Either that or he meant for me to be a nun and this was a sign. If it was, it's not convincing me. Spending an hour and a half with 3 tired, cold and hungry kids is not good karma, God. Just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home