In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Waaah

My week off is already going too fast ;). I want it to slow down and I want Tom to have off too! We are going to some benefit thing tonight that the girls are doing a reading at. I tried to get them to sing Do-Re-Mi, a la Sound of Music, but they refuse on the grounds that Soren sings terribly off-key.

We went ice skating today at the pond at Highland Park and it was really fun! We were the *only* people there. I would have been suspicious that we were going to die in thin ice, but there really was a sign saying that the ice skating pond was open, so we chanced it. Jude enjoyed watching his sisters and didn't seem to get get cold, but I didn't let us stay too long, just in case. He yakked at them the whole time, obviously giving instructions and critiquing their form.

I met my neighbor's son today, who apparently just moved back in with his parents. He is divorced and his name is Morris. He seems harmless enough. He offered to shovel out my driveway if I ever need him to, which was nice.

We also ran across town and got a bag of clothes for Emma that I scored on Freecycle. And then we went to the Co-Op and I ended up with a ton more groceries than I went in for, which always happens. I also ran into a friend of mine and we ended up chatting for awhile.

Now, I must go and make dinner so we have time to go to this:
In Honor of the Holy Innocents

Prayers and Blessings for the children of the world.

A heart-centered evening in remembrance of all the
children of the world who are suffering.

Program for adults and children with music and dance.

12/28/04

7:00 to 9:00 pm.
Sisters if St. Joseph Motherhouse

I don't know what I was thinking when I mentioned it to the girls. I knew Emma would beg to go ::sigh:: I don't really mind going, it's just cold and we've been in and out a couple of times already, and I want to curl up on the couch with my husband and kids and do NOTHING. Sadly, that is not to be, so I better have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home