In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, December 23, 2004

anniversary

Turns out Tom *did* get a holiday bonus. Woot! Not a ton of money, but enough to be happy about.

He came home with a HUGE bouquet of red and white miniature carnations with baby's breath. I found a beautiful card this morning by the coffee pot - it said something like, "I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, it doesn't hurt anymore, it's just more love" and inside it said that a year ago I made him the luckiest man on earth. ::::swoon::: I got all teared up. I love having a romantic husband! and yes, I forgive him for waiting till the last minute to shop ;). He also got me a beautiful picture frma for a picture of us that I've had on my desk loose for the last year+.

I had to work until 8:30 p.m., but we went to Red Lobster with the kids late. One benefit of eating out late is that there are no lines! The meal was very good. We got the Ultimate Fondue, which I adore, and I got fried clams and lobster mac & cheese. It was yummy! Emma got snow crab legs and fries and Soren got popcorn shrimp. Tom got a plate of all sorts of seafood, but I know there was a lobster tail on there. I also had a very watery martini, which wasn't very good, but probably for the best that it was watery. Jude slept through the whole meal anyway, and was down for the night. He nursed at 11:30 and slept till 4:30!

Tom had to go in to work to salt at 5a.m. poor chap :(. The girls are going on a playdate this afternoon, so I am going to straighten up downstairs and do the dishes. I haven't made dinner in days, so haven't done the dishes and the dishwasher is still on the fritz.

We have a team gymnastics party at 4:15 and then I have to teach my last class of the year. Then I'm done until next Thursday. Woot! We go to PA tomorrow and are staying at Erica's. Sadly she won't be there :(. I want to get there early though so the girls can see my mom for some of the holiday. Then I will drop them off w/ David around 4 so they can go to his dad's for the annual xmas eve bash. Tom and I will have dinner with my mom on Saturday and just generally hang out. I plan to go to the mall on Sunday and use my Victoria's Secret gift card that I got in the mail for my birthday.

Did i mention before that my foster daughter called? She is working where my dad lives, so I hope to see her this weekend when I visit my dad.

Anyway, I should run. Soren had been reading me a Dr. Seuss book and I haven't heard any of it so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home