In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, December 11, 2004

We spent the day with my MIL yesterday and went to the funeral home to help her make arrangements. I believe the memorial service will be a military funeral at 10:30 a.m. next Saturday at Thomas Funeral Chapels in Greece.

We were all horrified at what a sales pitch a funeral is. The urns themselves are ridiculously expensive. It turns out that Tom, packrat that he is, and jack of all trades, had worked for a monument shop years ago and had two urns. We decided to use one of those rather than buy one from the funeral home and the lady was clearly very disappointed in us that we weren't going to spend a thousand dollars on one. The whole experience was pretty depressing.

The girls spent the day with my friend Lauren (bless her forever and ever!) and Emma stayed overnight with her friend Andrea, whose parents are also taking her to her meet in Dunkirk today. I am feeling horribly guilty about not going, but I think she should go and try to live her normal life, but I feel that I should be here with Tom and his mother. Emma was very cool about it and I'm sure she had a blast staying there.

Ginny is going to tape the meet for me, so at least I'll get to see it after the fact.

At some point I need to go and get wrapping paper and start wrapping presents. The holidays are really a PITA ;). Bah humbug .

Anyway, we're all coping miraculously well. Perhaps it just hasn't hit us all yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home